Changing from conventional laundry detergents in favor of greener, cleaner choices should be a #1 priority for getting toxic chemicals out of your home and life!! This is for your health & well-being! The simple truth is most of the main stream and big-name detergents are loaded with dangerous ingredients. That includes Method, Tide, Arm and Hammer and many others. Some of the ingredients vary from each product, so always check your labels!
Just think about this: the idea of saturating your beautiful clothing, sheets & towels in chemicals, is not the same as cleaning them. You are actually dirtying them. You are soaking chemicals into your clothing, they are then ‘baked’ into your clothing in the dryer, along with breathing them in as you sleep, and on your clothes that you wear all day. Also, pregnant mothers can pass these chemicals on to their babies through their breast milk.
Here is a quick list of the some of the culprit chemicals in some detergents that we researched. Thanks to many of you that shared the detergents that you were using and here are some of the ingredients that are red flags
1. Dioxane – a carcinogenic and a solvent used in paints & varnishes. It can be absorbed through your skin. Tide was banned in Europe because of this ingredient.
2. Phosphates – are commonly linked to cardiovascular disease.
3. Formaldehyde – which is another known carcinogen
4. Ammonium Sulphate– this laundry additive is so toxic, some of it’s manufacturers recommend not using it indoors
5. Synthetic Fragrances – which trigger chemical sensitivities, allergies & are endocrine disrupters
6. Fragrance – always be weary of this word as it most likely is a chemical
7. Natural, Free and Clear – always doubt these words in ingredients. Products use these words to get you to think they are good for you. It is all about marketing.
This is just a handful of the culprits!
Hopefully you have heard enough to make the switch in your life today. We mainly use either Seventh Generation, Zum Clean, Molly’s Suds or Biokleen and our clothes are just as clean without the nasty chemicals and cancer causing ingredients. Remember, your skin is your largest organ and can absorb these chemicals. We have a number of laundry detergent options approved by the Gurus in our store and other various options to make sure your clothes are clean without using toxic chemicals! Click here to view the list.
The Gurus Amazon Store
We are an Amazon associate and earn a commission from purchases made through our store. Please note we only recommend products that we truly believe are best for you and not influenced by anyone or a company