Our immune system is our defense mechanism against viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. There are effective ways to boost your and your children’s immune systems and with a strong immune systems, your bodies have the power to cure themselves.
Boost Your Immune System
We are hearing more and more about the importance of boosting our immune systems. The immune system helps to provide resistance to infections and toxicity. The key players include the thymus, bone marrow, lymph nodes—and leukocytes(white blood cells), along with a complex network of cells and proteins that make up your immune system. Without going into the scientific description, it is very well known that it is important to do some things regularly that help to keep your immune system healthy.
Although hand washing is important, I would try to avoid antibacterial soaps or agents of any kind. Antibacterial properties kill not only harmful bacteria but also the good. Your skin microbiome is a line of defense against infections, and keeping it intact is very important to immune resilience. Also, triclosan, which is found in many antibacterial soaps, resembles human hormones and can fool your systems that rely on the thyroid. This can lead to infertility, advanced puberty, obesity or cancer. The human body has a hard time processing triclosan.
6 Immune Boosters we recommend:
- Get adequate sleep
- A healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables(preferably organic)
- Don’t smoke and avoid second hand smoke
- Moderate Alcohol
- Avoid chemicals when possible: There is increased awareness and concern within the scientific communities that chemical pollutants can suppress immune processes and thus cause increased development of neoplastic and infections diseases.
Click here to see recommended immune boosting products from our Guru Store
recommendations for staying healthy:
- Drink cold pressed juice
- Take a teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar every morning
- Drink warm lemon first thing in the am
- Eat a lot of garlic
- Oil pull
- Use ginger in juices
- Get outside and take in the sunshine
- Drink organic wine(just kidding but it does make me happy so maybe that is a booster)
Actions to take when you start to feel sick:
- Take elderberry extract(or make your own)
- Drink organic orange juice
- Take zinc
- Drink bone broth
- Take echinacea
- Drink a shot of fire cider
- Gargle with salt water
These are our suggestions for keeping your Immune System Strong and ready to fight anything that comes its way and we hope you and your children are staying healthy and safe during these times of uncertainty in the world.
The Gurus Amazon Store
We are an Amazon associate and earn a commission from purchases made through our store. Please note we only recommend products that we truly believe are best for you and not influenced by anyone or a company